Azimpur Girls High School
Overview of Azimpur Girls High School
Azimpur Girls High School was established at Azimpur, dhaka, in 1957 at the initiative of the Welfare Association of Government Employees residing in Palashi and Azimpur areas. It started with a tin shed schoolroom and a tiny office. Chief Engineer of East Pakistan, Mr. Abdul Jabbar, was the patron in its creation, but Kazi Ambar Ali, its second headmaster, is considered to be its real founder. It is reputed as one of the best private girls schools in the city. It opened a women's college section in 1995, when for a total of about 2,000 students, it already had a large three-storied building and a vast playground. The school conducts academic programmes in morning and day sections. Its students take active part in Girls Guide, Blue-Bird and Junior Red Cross movements as well as in parades in commemoration of national days and festivals like the SAAF Games. In 1999, the school had about 2,700 students and 82 teachers, of whom 22 were males. Among the many distinguished alumni of the school, the most eminent is sheikh hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh during 1996-2001.
Copyright notice: Some contents and images are taken from wikipedia.org (under GNU-FDL) and copyright goes to wikipedia.org and other source sites, photographers and article writers.