Bahadur Shah Park
Overview of Bahadur Shah Park
Bahadur Shah Park is a park in Old Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is now a war memorial and a tribute to the martyrs who fought in the first liberation war or the First War of Independence against British rule. It was here that the conflicting Sepoys and their civil compatriots were publicly hanged.
It was built in 1858 at the initiative of Nawab Khwaja Abdul Ghani, in the Sadarghat area, on the ruins of an old building, called Antaghar, a club house of the Armenians, then living in a large number in the neighbourhood. It was called Victoria Park until 1947. After that, it was renamed after Bahadur Shah II, the last Mughal emperor.
Copyright notice: Some contents and images are taken from wikipedia.org (under GNU-FDL) and copyright goes to wikipedia.org and other source sites, photographers and article writers.